Orders placed on FaeryInkPress.com are fulfilled by the author-publisher (Clare!). Yep, that’s me. Hereto forth, I’ll refer to myself as Faery Ink Press.
All orders are processed by Faery Ink Press within 1-7 business days (excluding weekends and holidays) of receiving your order confirmation email. You’ll receive another notification when your order has been shipped.
During peak seasonal times (November and December), there may be delays with the mail carriers/post office that are outside of my control. Please plan your shopping accordingly for maximum satisfaction.
Domestic Shipping Rates - CANADA
AKA, why is my shipping so expensive?!
Paper and water, the two most expensive things to ship. Guess what books are made of?
In short, shipping is expensive because of a book’s weight and/or because Faery Ink Press is based in Canada. Canada’s a big country and it takes a lot of sweat and dollar coins to move something from one place to another. Unfortunately, that’s just the way it is.
Faery Ink Press offers a simple flat rate shipping fee ($15) within Canada. This includes tracking and expedited service.
Shorter, single books may have cheaper shipping flat fees ($5) but do NOT include tracking and are shipped as letter mail.
Faery Ink Press also offers free shipping on orders that exceed the free shipping threshold (before applicable taxes, etc).
All domestic orders are proceeded through Canada Post.
Shipping time will vary depending on your region and time of year and cannot be guaranteed by Faery Ink Press. Delivery usually occurs within 7-14 days after order processing is complete.
International Shipping – US & Rest of World
International shipping (read: NOT Canada) is fulfilled by Chit Chats.
Flat fee shipping provided at checkout to your country is based on shipping carrier prices, weight and size of books selected, and shipping box size required to house those books.
International prices are subject to change at any time due to factors outside of Faery Ink Press’s control.
How do I track my order?
When your order has shipped, you will receive an email notification that will include a tracking number to check the status of your package. Please allow 48 hours for the tracking information to become available.
If you haven’t received your order within four weeks of receiving your shipping confirmation email, please contact us at clare (at) faeryinkpress (dot) com with your name and order number, and I will look into it for you.
Refunds, returns, and exchanges
In the event that your order arrives damaged or meets one of the qualifiers for refund or replacement below, please email us as soon as possible at clare (at) faeryinkpress (dot) com with your order number and a photo of the item’s condition. I address these on a case-by-case basis but will try my best to work towards a satisfactory solution.
In general, Faery Ink Press does not accept returns. They are cost prohibitive. However, Faery Ink Press does offer refunds or replacements in specific circumstances. This section clarifies most possibilities.
Unfortunately, Faery Ink Press cannot accept refunds or exchanges on:
- Personalized, signed books. Personalized books are those that include a person's name in the signing (even if this person’s name is misspelled or illegible).
- Any and all eBook sales
- Customer made ordering error (wrong book ordered, wrong amount ordered) BUT books have already been shipped or received by the customer.
- Books with typos or other publisher errors
- Books that have minor nicks or scratches on the binding that otherwise don’t detract from the actual text content.
- Customer or end-reader (the person who ended up reading the book, who may not have been the person who bought the book) did not enjoy the content or subject matter. I’m a publisher, Jim, not a library!
Faery Ink Press will consider an applicable refund or replacement if:
- Customer made an ordering error (wrong book ordered, wrong amount ordered) AND customer reaches out to Faery Ink Press before the order is finished processing.
- Books have been damaged in transit
- Books contain printer errors (strange ink stains, missing pages, etc.)
- In any of the above scenarios, Faery Ink Press may offer a replacement product to the customer at no cost to the customer at her discretion.
- Repeated refund or replacement requests across multiple orders may be deemed suspicious and could result in customer account suspension or other appropriate action.
- Faery Ink Press can only offer replacements or refunds on products bought from FaeryInkPress.com.
In ALL cases, please remember:
- I'm a one-person publisher, not a giant faceless corporation. Sometimes mistakes happen. I do my best to improve my craft and my business whenever possible. If you're unsatisfied with your purchase, contact me.
If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at clare (at) faeryinkpress (dot) com.